CompassCPA Payroll and Human Resources
is a Multi-company system. The HR module benefits and salary information
is designed to provide the Payroll Module with necessary Deductions,
Allowances and Pay Rates.
The Payroll system is transaction driven.
Transactions set up as "standard" are processed automatically
during each payroll. Transactions entered for a specific payroll period
are processed only once for that period.
This system allows processing of large volumes
of payroll data.
Payroll Module Features
- Electronic fund transfer (Direct
Deposit) to multiple accounts i.e. checking and
savings accounts. Direct deposit employees can also be written a check
when required. Direct deposit data is either electronically transfered
or sent via magnetic tape media.
- Federal, State and Local taxes
calculated from easy-to-maintain on-line tax tables.
- On-line timesheet input and
- Pay codes may be established for
regular, overtime and double time.
- Override capability for salary,
payment frequency, pay rates, taxes, etc.
- Options to void payroll and/or
general ledger postings for an entire period or a specific employee.
- Garnish wages depending on user
specified amount or percentage.
- Deductions and allowances
can be specified with a limit. This automatically stops
deduction/allowance when it reaches the limit.
- Deductions can be prioritized.
This feature allows the deductions to be deducted in a user-defined
- Ability to issue manual checks on
- On-line payroll inquiries for a
specified date range or Year-to-date
- Interfaces to CompassCPA
General Ledger and Accounts Payable Modules. Postings made for example
are: tax withholdings, wages, unemployment insurance, deductions, etc.
- Labor hours summary
- Allowance register
- Payroll check register
- Quarterly Unemployment tax report
- Periodic, quarterly and yearly payroll reports
- W2 prints and W2 tapes
Human Resources Module Features
The Human Resource Module can be
implemented with or without integration to the Payroll Module.
The HR Module features five
- Employee static data
- Benefits administration
- COBRA manage
- Absence tracking
- Employee tracking and inquiries
Employee static data
- Employee master data- Name, address,
- Next of kin, Emergency contact
- Salary and Position Management with
- Employee health recording
- Personnel turnover
- Benefits Master
- Benefits Rates
- Miscellaneous deduction tracking
- Employee beneficiary recording
COBRA management benefits purchased by
terminated employees are managed in this sub-module.
- COBRA masterfile maintenance
- COBRA benefits tracking
- COBRA receipts
- Track Sick and Vacation accruals
- Accident/Illness recording
- Employee salary history
- Employee profile inquiries
- Employee terminations and rehires
- Employee wage analysis
- Head count analysis by job class and
- Employee length of service
- Print employees due for review prior
to a specified date
- Termination report
- New Hire report
- COBRA letters and Delinquency notices